As I said during class, there are times I feel really busy and that my plate is overflowing. I feel unable to give my max to the course and have considered dropping out.
Tonight’s class reassured me that dropping out is not an option. Although I have many years of experience in the classroom, this professional learning experience is helping me with my daily principal responsibilities.
The “Parity Committees” discussion of this evening is a prime example. It has made me realize that I am not alone with my concerns and ambiguities. After tonight’s discussion I am much better prepared to discuss our committee with my staff. It has motivated me for tomorrow nights meeting with my staff.
Meeting with Brett, Phil and Vito to discuss budget is another example. I felt this evening that together we and the whole group will benefit from this and the other presentations. As I reflect about this I am realizing that this is a “Professional Learning Community” in construction. Bravo, Sam!
No comments:
Post a Comment